About 2 weeks back, we pushed the new release of Aero Checkout i.e. version 1.8. And then there were a few follow-up releases on top of that version.
This is one of our most exhaustive updates and we’ve worked for more than 2 months to push it off the shelf and deploy it on our users’ website.
There are so many new additions, improvements, and fixes that I would not be able to do justice to all of them here in this blog post. So I only picked a few things that could be depicted quickly and easily.
But I strongly recommend you to read our changelog which is a part of the Aero Checkout’s documentation.
Let’s take a look at what all you can do with the new release.
- 1. Delete & Recover Deleted Item(s) On The Global Checkout Page or Product-Specific Checkout Page
- 2. Hide or Show The Product Image On The Checkout Page
- 3. Change the position of ‘Best Value’ badge to any of the 4 positions
- 4. Customize The Micro-Copy Below Every Option In Product Switcher
- 5. Add HTML Blocks In Between Checkout Form Fields
- 6. Save The Last Step Without a Field So That ‘Payment Method’ Is The Only Field
- Wrapping Up
1. Delete & Recover Deleted Item(s) On The Global Checkout Page or Product-Specific Checkout Page
If you have set up Aero as your global checkout, you can allow users to delete and recover the deleted item(s).
This functionality was only available on the cart page in WooCommerce but now with Aero, you can offer this flexibility on the checkout page too.
In order to enable it:
- Go to the form section in Aero
- Click on the ‘products’ field
- Click on ‘Enable product deletion’ in the first tab of the edit field
Take a look:
Similarly, if you’re using Aero to create a product-specific checkout form or order form, you still can allow them to delete and recover the deleted item(s).
You’ll just need to make sure that in case of product-specific checkout pages, you must select ‘the force sell all’ option:
The functionality will work in the same manner on products-specific checkout page:
2. Hide or Show The Product Image On The Checkout Page
As you can notice, there is the product image the accompanies the product title.
You have the option to show or hide the image. Here’s how you can do it:
- Select the ‘product’ field in the form section
- Open the Advanced Tab and check the box – “hide product image”
Take a look:
3. Change the position of ‘Best Value’ badge to any of the 4 positions
We’ve now given you the option to choose from four different positions to place your best value badge.
This is the top left position of the badge:
Here’s how to change it:
- Go the products fields in the form section of Aero
- Click on the ‘Advanced’ tab on the edit field pop-up
- Select the position that you want for the badge
4. Customize The Micro-Copy Below Every Option In Product Switcher
With the new update, you can now easily write additional text for each option in the product switcher.
Take a look at how it appears:
In order to edit this text, go to the general tab in the products field:
5. Add HTML Blocks In Between Checkout Form Fields
You can now add a new field, select field type ‘HTML’ and drag & drop it to wherever you want on the checkout page.
Take a look:
After writing text for label, click on ‘add field’.
Then drag and drop the field to a position you want. Further edit the field:
Here’s an example of the HTML field:
6. Save The Last Step Without a Field So That ‘Payment Method’ Is The Only Field
Earlier it was mandatory to have a field at the last step in order for you to save it.
But with the new release, no field at the last step is needed. You can save the form with an empty last step and the payment method field will automatically appear.
Apart from this there are several performance upgrades in Aero Checkout and even more additions.
Go to your dashboard and update yourself to the latest version if you haven’t already. In case there’s anything you think that we haven’t added, improved or fixed- please leave a comment below.
We’re always listening. Here’s the link to the chagelog once again.